Shipping in Estonia from 3,90 euro
Shipping in Europe from 14,00 euro
8" (20cm) Type-R Subwoofers (2Ω + 2Ω)
These redesigned, fifth-generation Type-R subwoofers include several enhanced features to achieve even cleaner, deeper bass extension, faster, more accurate transients and even greater output capability than before.
Extreme bass fits in more places
The Type-R Subs have been completely redesigned to offer more installation flexibility and application versatility to build the ideal sound system. At 115 mm of mounting depth for the 8” (20 cm) this new design offers even greater output capability.
More Excursion = More Output
The new FEA-Optomized Motor Structure together with our revolutionary High-Amplitude Multi Roll (HAMR) Suspension Design gives the new Type-R Subwoofers the highest X-max and SPL output in the category.
With a real-world, measured 12 mm of X-max, allow the new 8” (20cm) Type-R Subwoofers to deliver the best-in-class bass output, ultra-low distortion, and unparalleled sound quality.
More Motor Force = More Control
Starting with a new ten piece, segmented magnet structure, the new Type-R subwoofers deliver more accurate, louder and cleaner bass with even more control. This new magnet assembly is also an integral part of the next generation of Alpine’s Patented Radial Vented VC cooling system.
Keep it Cool = Keep it Playing
Alpine’s Patented Radial Vented VC Heatsink and Airflow Management System (US Patent #7,634,101) helps to minimize power compression and ensures reliable long playing time by actively eliminating output-robbing heat away from the Voice Coil. The new one-piece cast aluminum frame with integrated shorting sleeve uses the entire frame as a heatsink, to allow for sustained power output and handling, even in the most extreme of applications.
FEA Optimized = Maximum Linearity
Alpine’s Patented Compound Radius Curve pole geometry ensure for an ultra symmetrical magnetic field, while optimizing flux density to greatly reduce distortion, while further improving power handling and output.
Improved Power Handling
The oversized 38 mm voice coil allows for increased power handling of 350W RMS / 1000W Peak. To get the best performance, we recommend you pair Type-R subs with Alpine’s new PDX digital amplifiers.
4 Unique Alpine Technologies
1. FEA Optimized HAMR Surround
The High-Amplitude Multi Roll Surround Design allows for extreme excursions without sacrificing valuable cone area. FEA Optimized for linearity and made with injection-molded Santoprene ®, the HAMR surround is a key part of the suspension system that allows for extreme excursions with accurate, distortion-free control.
2. FEA Optimized Spider w/reinforced Layer Spider Integration
Ensures reliable and consistent control of the tinsel-leads to eliminate any possible mechanical noises or interference typical of many high-excursion designs.
3. Redial Vented VC Heat Sink & Airflow Management System
Actively manages voice coil temperatures by forcing air directly across the heatsink system.
4. FEA Optimized Machined CRC Motor Structure
Creates a symmetrical magnetic field while optimizing flux density to greatly reduce distortion, while further improving power handling and output.
- RMS Power Handling: 350 Watts
- Peak Power Handling: 1000 Watts
- Mounting Depth: 115 mm
- Mounting Diameter: 176 mm
- Displacement: 1.4l
- Added Volume: 1.0l
- Nominal Impedance: 2 Ohm + 2 Ohm
- Frequency Response: 30-200 Hz
- Material:Reinforced Parabolic Cone Structure with Poly-Mica Dust Cap & Pulp-Kevlar Cone Body
- Design: 2-Piece Structural Parabolic
- Material: Injected Molded Santoprene®
- Design: High Amplitude Multi-Roll
- Material: Nomex®
- Design: Progressive Conex® Spider with Reinforced Layer Tinsel Leads
- Material: 38mm Voice Coil with High-Temp
- Design: 4-Layer DVC Winding on Spiral Cut
- Pole Geometry: Extended Pole Geometry
- Configuration: Compound Radius Curve
- Material: Cast Aluminum
- Design: Perimeter Vented Heat Transfer
- Layout: One Side
- Design: Heavy Duty 10mm² Push with Housing, Banana Plug Jumper
- Design: Reinforced Layer Spider Integration (Patent #6,810,988)
- Design: Concealed Mount Gasket (Integrated Grille System Ready, US Pat #7,760,900)